Covid-19 Update - Profile Orthodontics
We take the health and safety of our patients, their families, our staff and the community seriously.
In addition to our usual universal precautions for each patient (such as all instruments being sterilised or single-use), you may see additional precautions such as:
We are unable to see patients (or their guardians) who have:
- Travelled overseas (any destination) in the past 14 days;
- Any symptoms including but not limited to fever, cough, sore-throat or shortness of breath
- Been in contact with a person who is a suspected or confirmed Covid-19 patient
If these conditions apply to you, please phone us on 9300 9975 and request to reschedule your appointment.
Before your appointment:
- We ask that teeth are thoroughly brushed before arriving for your appointment and rinse with mouthwash if possible.
- Where possible, we ask that only the patient with the appointment and a parent/guardian (for children under 18yrs) attend the practice.
- If you prefer, we welcome you to wait in your car and we will phone when we are ready for you. Please contact reception on 9300 9973 when you arrive so we know you are here.
At your appointment:
- As you enter we will take your temperature and confirm that you do not have known Covid-19 risk factors
- On arrival to our practice we require all patients and parents/guardians to wash their hands with soap and water for 20-30 seconds. This can be done in the bathrooms at reception.
- Please let reception know if you or your child normally has upper respiratory tract symptoms due to hayfever, on-going ENT issues etc that may appear similar to COVID-19 symptoms.
- Toys, magazines, books and iPads have been removed from the reception area. Wifi is available if you would like to bring your own device.
- Please restrict children from wandering and touching surfaces. We understand that children are very curious and like to learn new environments by touching and playing.
- We have implemented additional disinfection of surfaces such as door handles, buttons, benchtops etc and this may cause a slight interruption during your appointment.
- Staff may be wearing masks and face shields, including in non-clinical areas.
We continue to monitor the recommendations of the Government, WA Health Department, the Australian Dental Association and other experts and will update these measures as required.
Your support for our practice and understanding is sincerely appreciated.
Drs Chris, Shiva, Luke and the Profile Orthodontics Team