Covid - 19 Update
As always, but particularly with the occurrence of Covid-19, we take the health and safety of our patients, their families, our staff and the community seriously.
We have implemented restricted services. In addition to our usual universal precautions for each patient (such as all instruments being sterilised or single-use), you may see additional precautions in place such as:
Before your appointment:
Prior to your appointment you will receive an email with our latest Covid-19 update. To limit contact, please ensure that any paperwork is completed before you arrive.
We are unable to see patients (or their guardians) who have:
- Travelled overseas (any destination) in the past 14 days;
- Any symptoms including but not limited to fever, cough, sore-throat, shortness of breath, or
- Had any contact with a person who is a suspected or confirmed Covid-19 case.
If these conditions apply to you, please phone us on 9300 9975 and request to reschedule your appointment.
At your appointment:
- As you enter we will take your temperature and confirm that you do not have known Covid-19 risk factors
- On arrival to our practice we require all patients and parents/guardians to wash their hands with soap and water for 20-30 seconds. This can be done in the bathrooms at reception.
- We ask you to stand behind the line in front of the reception desk to allow for social distancing
- Please let reception know if you or your child normally has upper respiratory tract symptoms due to hayfever, on-going ENT issues etc that may appear similar to COVID-19 symptoms.
Personal and protective equipment
Staff may be wearing masks and face shields, including in non-clinical areas.
- We ask that only the patient with the appointment and a parent/guardian (for children under 18yrs) attend the practice.
- We welcome you to wait in your car and we will phone when we are ready for you. Please contact reception on 9300 9973 when you arrive so we know you are here.
- Seating in the reception area has been spaced to allow for social distancing. Please do not move the chairs.
- Additional disinfection of surfaces such as door handles, buttons, benchtops etc has been implemented and this may cause a slight interruption during your appointment.
- Toys, magazines, books and iPads have been removed from the reception area. Wifi is available if you would like to bring your own device.
- Please restrict children from wandering and touching surfaces. We understand that children are very curious and like to learn new environments by touching and playing.
Unfortunately, we may be understaffed at short notice if any member of our team is unwell or has been requested to self-isolate.
Don’t forget – you can use the myprofile app to communicate with the practice. Photos can be sent to the practice through the Virtual Orthodontist and for those with an Android phone you can take a photo and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continue to monitor the recommendations of the Government, WA Health Department, the Australian Dental Association and other experts and will update these measures as required.
We do not intend to cause any offence and apologise for any inconvenience. Your support for our practice and understanding is sincerely appreciated.